9th Annual RSVP Conference
Wednesday, September 28, 2016 - 8:00am
SEPTEMBER 28, 2016
Keynote Speaker: Dr. Paula J. Caplan, Ph. D.
Author of “They Say You’re Crazy: How the World’s Most Powerful Psychiatrists Decide Who’s Normal”
Paula Joan Caplan is a clinical and research psychologist, activist, social justice and human rights advocate, nonfiction writer, award-winning playwright, screenwriter, actor, and director. She is currently an Associate at Harvard University'
--Supported Employment, We're In This Together
--Protect Your Right to Vote and Other Ways to Use Your Consumer Voice
--The Three Legs of the Stool
--Trauma Informed Care: Creating Environments of Resiliency and Hope
--Humor and Recovery Handout
--I'm in Crisis, Now What?
--Move it AND Lose it
8:00 – 8:45 Registration
8:50 – 9:00 Welcome and Introductions
9:00 – 9:40 Creating Environments of Resiliency & Hope- Kim Kehl, OhioMHAS
9:45 – 10:35 Opening Keynote: Paula J. Caplan -“There Are No Rules About Psychiatric Diagnosis…and That Must End!”
10:45 – 12:00 Workshop A
- Strategies for Education about the Truth about Psychiatric Labels and Implementing Regulation of Their Production and Use to Make Possible Redress from Harm -- Paula J. Caplan
- Supported Employment, We're In This Together - Arlen Yoder & Tom Gaus
- Using Art for Healing and Growth -- Shannon M. Scott
- I'm in Crisis...Now What? -- Tammy White
12:00 – 1:15 Lunch and Reflection on the Life of Pat Risser
1:30 – 2:45 Workshop B
- Protect Your Right to Vote & Other Ways to use your Consumer Voice –Geoffrey Collver & Kristen Henry, Disability Rights Ohio
- Move it & Lose it: Trauma-Informed Yoga – Deborah Rising
- Living Life as a Masterpiece – Joey Supina
- What's up Doc? Communicating w/Medical Professionals – Moderator, Beth Gardner
3:00 – 4:15 Workshop C
- The Three Legs and Shared Decision Making – Steve Stone
- Consumer Operated Services: What Happens, What Helps? Lifeworx and Advocacy, Choices & Empowerment, Inc.
- Writing for Recovery – JoAnn Shade
- The Use of Humor in the Recovery Process – Dr’s Jerry Strausbaugh & Lee Wetherbee
4:15 Turn in Evaluations!!
« Back to Calendar