Suicide Prevention & Awareness Walk 2020
Monday, September 21, 2020-
Sunday, September 27, 2020
« Back to Calendar
SUICIDE PREVENTION & AWARENESS WALK
September 21-27, 2020
The 4th Annual Suicide Awareness & Prevention Walk will be going virtual this year!
Event Details: Since the walk will be virtual, feel free to walk, run, or jog one mile independently or with friends (social distanced) any time between September 21-27. The official "walk" day is September 27. During or after your one-mile, get social and post it! Share your thoughts while walking, your story, or just simply use the hashtag #AshlandWalks4Awareness to spread awareness in your social circles.
If you would like to take the next step, here are a few resources our partners offer:
- The AMHRB offers Suicide Prevention training (QPR) at no cost to any group/organization in Ashland.
- AMHRB funds a Grievers Support Group for those who’ve lost a loved one to suicide. People who are interested can contact Appleseed for this service.
- AMHRB recently launched a new mobile app called, "Healthy Ashland" with many practical resources to help someone struggling with emotional distress. The app also includes information about crisis services if needed.
- AMHRB promotes "Crisis Text Line" which is available 24/7 to anyone struggling with thoughts of suicide or for someone who needs to make a connection and not feel alone. Text "4Hope" to 741741 to get connected.
- Additionally, the local 24/7 Crisis Line is available for someone in crisis by calling (419) 289-6111.
Let’s get social!