Vial of Life Program
The Older Adult Behavioral Health Coalition is promoting the Vial of Life in order to save lives in Ashland County by getting necessary emergency medical information to first responders during a medical crisis.
The way the Vial of Life works:
- Complete the emergency medical and medication form and place back inside bag.
- Place a picture, living will, and other helpful information in the bag.
- Vial of Life decal should be on the outside of bag.
- Place the Vial of Life kit (with red cross vial of life sticker facing outward) on the front of your refrigerator with the magnet provided in the bag. First responders are trained to look for these when responding to an emergency. This gives them all the information needed to properly treat an individual.
The Vial of Life can be picked up at the following locations:
- Mental Health and Recovery Board
- Council on Aging
- Ashland Fire Department
- Senior Citizens Center
- The Golden Center in the Loudonville Library
Or you can download the Vial of Life Forms:
Emergency Medical Information