Suicide Prevention & Awareness Walk 2019
On Sunday, September 29, 2019, the 2019 Suicide Prevention and Awareness Walk had close to 300 in attendance to raise awareness of suicide prevention and provide critical information about this important topic.
- Dr. Campo, President of Ashland University, welcomed those attending
- Steve Stone, Director of the Mental Health & Recovery Board, gave an overview of "Why We're Walking"
- Jim Justice, Ashland County Commissioner, did the reading of the Proclamation
- Matt Miller, Mayor of Ashland City, addressed the walkers and thanked everyone for attending the event
- Representative, Darrell Kick addressed the walkers
- Kailey Bradley-Thomas, Grief Counselor at Hospice of North Central Ohio, read the names of those who were being honored and remembered during the walk and read "We Remember Them"
- High school student, Katherine Bee, addressed the walkers with a personal story and
- Tuffy, Ashland University's mascot, was present to support this important event.
Below are some pictures from the day's event.